One of the things I love about summer is entertaining outdoors. I do outdoor cookouts for family, and for friends. I like to keep things simple. When my friends and family come over, they don’t come over for the decorations. They come over to relax and have fun.
What do I do to prepare for entertaining outside:
1. Clean the yard. Just like you clean your house, you have to clean your yard. The table and chairs need to be clean. The yard needs to be mowed, and raked.
2. Prepare food ahead of time. Cookouts should be fun and relaxing for both you and your guests. By preparing things ahead of time, I don’t have to spend my time in the kitchen.
3. Use paper plates and plastic eating utensils. Clean-up goes quicker if you can throw things away, instead of washing them.
4. If you are expecting a big crowd, ask your guests to bring a 2 liter drink and a side dish. This reduces the amount of food you have to prepare, and ensures your guests have their favorite drink.
Those are my tips. Here are some entertainment tips from P&G and Home Depot:
- Maintain Your Outdoor Furniture – Keep it looking good all summer
- Inspect your Deck – Give it good once over – check for loose nails, bricks, cracked concrete
- Remove the Clutter – Clean up, power wash, remove unnecessary items/debris.
- Accessorize – Add in the little touches (i.e., plants, outdoor lighting, lanterns, centerpiece)
- Clean your Grill – Give your grill a clean start this season.
P&G has provided a great prize pack for me to giveaway to one lucky reader. This giveaway starts now and ends July 12, 2012. US only.
P&G and Home Depot Prize Pack:
A full-size bottle of Mr. Clean Outdoor Spray, Mr. Clean Outdoor Pro Magic Eraser, one Bounty Paper Towels Roll, and a custom LeatherCraft 2-pocket natural colored canvas The Home Depot apron.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received the same items from P&G that are in the prize pack.